The company operates within the Health Care sector.
- Meets the clinical laboratory needs of physicians and staff in developing and implementing an integrated service line model across the Service Area of several large medical offices.
- Determines the type and manner in which laboratory services will be provided throughout the Service Area.
- Develops and administers policies and procedures, which are in keeping with the service value, quality and access goals of the Service Area.
- Manages the technical, clinical, and operational aspects of the laboratory and pathology services at all Service Area facilities.
- Ensures technical and support staff provide the highest quality of care and are in compliance with CAP, CLIA, The Joint Commission, AABB, NCQA, Title 22, federal, state, and local requirements.
- Develops, negotiates and monitors budgets and resource allocations at all Service Area clinical lab facilities.
- Oversees and develops clinical practice standards, staffing, payroll, budgets, fiscal management, and quality improvement activities.
- Establishes and maintains an effective collaborative working relationship with Service Area providers to identify and resolve problems/issues and improve delivery of laboratory services.
- Ensures on-going laboratory staff development.
- Develops and presents in-service programs to medical center and medical office staff.
- Develops, implements, and monitors laboratory policies and procedures throughout the Service Area which support the organizations business goals.
- Establishes, implements, monitors and enhances quality control/assurance/risk management programs.
- Monitors test results, equipment, and laboratory information systems.
- Designs and implements the laboratory safety program, including hazardous waste management, chemical hygiene plan, and injury prevention program.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in a high volume acute care clinical laboratory required.
- Minimum four (4) years of management experience required.
- Bachelor's degree in Clinical Science or related science required.
- California Clinical Laboratory Scientist License required.
Associated topics: hematopathology, lab, medical, medical laboratory science, mlt, pathology, technician ii, technician lab, technician laboratory, technologist